Wednesday, December 9, 2009



Is there a person on the planet who couldn't guess where these pictures were taken? It's -11F outside right now, and the memories of April in the Netherlands are positively tropical by contrast. The irony, of course, is that tulips and most bulbs come from vicious steppe climates and only grow superbly in Holland by being cosseted and pampered. I wonder if it has ever been this cold in the Netherlands? The sun is nearly 2 hours up in the sky, and everything is that deathly still and quiet that it gets when it's beastly cold....brrrrrr.....time for me to load my stuff and be grateful that my car is in a garage!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe I have never been there?? One day...

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

A garden near lake Tekapo

The crevice garden of Michael Midgley Just a few years old, this crevice garden was designed and built by Michael Midgley, a delightful ...

Blog Archive